Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2013

When to Look

I've gotten the suggestions that the best time to buy is in the fall so people don't have to winterize for Minnesota. I have been told that people put there houses on the market in the spring when there kids are done with school and they have the summer to move and not worry about changing schools in the middle of the year.

The problem is when is the best time to look at a house. It may be rough and sloppy, but I think the best time to look at a house is when the weather is bad. We had a week of below zero temps and if that hadn't happened, I wouldn't have found out that the pipes were frozen. It also gave me a chance to figure out the difference in temps from one room to another. You go after a rain storm and you find out about leakage problems in the house or puddling problems in the land.

This may save you money on an inspector.

No comments:

Post a Comment