Search This Blog

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Tips for Sellers

One of the houses I viewed, the first floor looked nice, but there was a lot of stuff on the walls. Go upstairs and there was more stuff. Closets filled, climbing over stuff to get to closets, rocking chair in the bathtub, etc. Go down to the basement and the stuff was multiplied. I couldn't help but ask the question "Are they going to be able to move out in time?"

My realtor assured me that if we set a closing date they would have to honor it. This wasn't the first place I saw that had no signs of people packing. I'm not asking for the cleanest house in the world or things shoved in the closet (because we look in the close) I would  prefer to see things boxed up and signs that you are motivated to move out.

The other thing I would appreciate (especially since it cost me getting the house I really wanted) is winterize. I don't know how much it costs, but it will cost you a sale. If you have house that is empty that you are trying to sell winterizing is necessary in order to sell your house.

One big tip that could help you with a sale. Check your listing once it is posted. Realtor's are human and can place things wrong. The description can have errors in it, which looks unprofessional. Most importantly and this has come close to affecting me looking at a house, they may say a house has one bathroom when it has 1.5. People will look at Bed and Bath first then at the description and that .5 can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment